Wondering how to get recycle your old TV, computer, printer, or other electronics? At DRC Technologies, we don’t just repair computers & electronics, we offer e-waste recycling as well.
The Environmental Impact of Electronics Waste on the Earth
According to the United Nations, 20 to 50 million metric tons of e-waste are discarded every year.
That’s a lot of waste!
- The U.S. comes in second in the world for most e-waste created.
- It’s estimated that 40 percent of the heavy metals in U.S. landfills come from discarded electronics. Those heavy metals leach into your water table, local streams, lakes and ponds.
At DRC Technologies, we aim to change those numbers by keeping electronics waste out of our landfills, our earth, and our water.
And, thanks to our customers, we helped recycle over 34,000 pounds of e-waste in 2019!
We offer e-waste recycling at our retail location in Northampton, PA. And, unlike the occasional County or Township events, we’re open five days a week by appointment for convenient drop off.
- We take most anything with a plug: from computers, TVs, phones & air conditioners to hair dryers, razors & electric weed whackers.
- Most electronics are free to recycle. We do have to charge for some items due to the chemicals/heavy metals in their components (see the list below).
- Anyone can participate in our electronics recycling program. You don’t need to be a resident of any particular county, township, or borough.
- We offer data transfer services in the event that you need your documents, photos, and music transferred from one electronic device to another.
- We offer hard drive destruction. Our services give you peace of mind that any personal information won’t be able to be accessed by others.
COVID-19 Update for E-waste
Electronics Waste Recycling Prices 2021
We’ll take most anything with a plug for FREE! That includes laptops, cell phones, electric weed whackers, hair dryers, light fixtures, microwaves, coffee makers, and much, much more. And, we’ll even take your old printer ink or toner cartridges.
|TV (35″ or less)||$51|
|TV (36″ or more)||$69|
|Car Batteries (sealed, not leaking)||$15|
|Uncertified Hard Drive Destruction|
-for towers & standalone drives
-for iMac, All-in-one, laptop
Free Electronics Waste Recycling Items
- Small household appliances including, but not limited to: coffee makers & Keurigs, toasters, microwaves, blenders, mixers, electric can openers, food dehydrators, clocks, automatic dog or cat feeders, Christmas lights, fans, vacuums, lamps & ballasts (no bulbs), ceiling fans
- Gardening equipment (electric only-no gas powered): weed whackers, power washers, pool pumps (free of water), electric trimmers
- Power tools (electric or rechargeable): drills, nail guns, battery operated screwdrivers, screw guns, grinders, sanders, handheld saws, etc.
- Small electronic devices: cell phones, charging cords, docking stations, tablets, home phones, iPods, mp3 players, kindle/nook, cameras, flashes
- Recyclable Batteries: Rechargeable batteries bearing the recycle symbol – typically Nickel Cadmium or Lithium Ion. NO ALKALINE BATTERIES.
- Printers: desktop inkjet or laser printers, desktop copiers, photo printers, ink & toner cartridges
- Gaming systems & toys: Nintendo Wii, Game Cube, Playstation, game controllers & cables, RC cars, other handheld electronic games or toys
- Computers: desktop, laptop, speakers, keyboard, mouse, power supplies, battery back ups, loose computer components
- Audio visual equipment: DVD players, VCRs, AV cables, remotes, HDMI & VGA cables, cassette players, stereos, receivers, record players, speakers (no wooden cases), CD players, radios, alarm clocks, digital & manual cameras, security cameras, baby monitors
- Cords & other electrical items: extension cords, sniffers, surge protectors, speaker wires, cables
Have an electric or electronic item that’s not on our recycling list?
Electronics Waste We DO NOT Accept
- Alkaline batteries
- Light bulbs
- DVDs, CDs, cassette tapes, VHS tapes
Please note that dropping off e-waste without prior permission and/or payment is considered to be illegal dumping. Offenders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.