Did you know DRC Technologies offers electronics waste recycling?
According to the United Nations, 20 to 50 million metric tons of e-waste are discarded every year. China holds the top slot for greatest amount of electronics waste, with the U.S. coming in a close second. And, according to Jonas Allen, Director of Marketing for EPEAT (a global green electronic rating system) it is estimated that 40 percent of the heavy metals in U.S. landfills come from discarded electronics.
At DRC Technologies, we aim to change those numbers by keeping electronics waste out of our landfills, our earth, and our water. We offer e-waste recycling at our retail location in Northampton, PA. And, unlike the occasional County or Township events, we’re open five days a week for convenient drop off.
- We take most anything with a plug; from computers, TVs, phones & air conditioners to hair dryers, razors & electric weed whackers.
- Most electronics are free to recycle. We do have to charge for some items due to the chemicals/heavy metals in their components (see the list below).
- We are the only recycling facility open five days a week in the Lehigh Valley.
- Anyone can participate in our recycling program. You don’t need to be a resident of any particular county, township, or borough.
- We offer data transfer services in the event that you need your information transferred from one electronic device to another.
- We offer hard drive destruction services for a nominal fee so you can be confident that any personal information won’t be able to be accessed by others.